Let's all go back to ShirtsSoGood !!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Let's All Go to...Citgo!


Citgo, originally uploaded by sport.

Thanks, Jim for finding this...!

Of the top oil producing countries in the world, only one is a democracy with a president who was elected on a platform of using his nation's oil revenue to benefit the poor. The country is Venezuela. The President is Hugo Chavez. Call him "the Anti-Bush."

Citgo is a U.S. refining and marketing firm that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company. Money you pay to Citgo goes primarily to Venezuela -- not Saudi Arabia or the Middle East. By buying your gasoline at Citgo, you are contributing to the billions of dollars that Venezuela's democratic government is using to provide health care, literacy and education, and subsidized food for the majority of Venezuelans.

For the whole story please go to:
Common Dreams

3 Comments:

Blogger sport9000 said...

please excuse my horrible drawing of myself....!

11:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your site through CafePress...and while this is slightly off topic, I have to say that your Cracker States t-shirt got me and my roommate laughing really hard. That shirt shall soon be mine!

Then I came to your website to have a peek at your cartoons, and found this most excellent bit of information that in my regular perusal of the Internets I have somehow missed!

Thank you so much for sharing this information about Citgo. I will be posting this on my blog, as well, and giving you props for being my source as well as making a link back to Common Dreams. I have recently started the redesign of my site and so for the time being, expect a bit of a bare experience if you decide to have a look. Youre not missing much.

Your CafePress designs are great, and it would seem that I am also an adherent of much the same political ideology that you hold.

Good luck to you!

Keep the faith. :)

2:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Citgo isn't bad, but niether is Marathon. Very eco-friendly...

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home